Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Limit list of values
Limit list of values [message #472150] Thu, 19 August 2010 01:45 Go to next message
coolguy01
I have a field in a form based on which value i have to filter a list of values. So in the query for the record set i have filtered the query using the where condition like where column_name = :block.item. So that would filter the LOV based on that value in that field. My problem is that that there can be multiple rows for that block and the same item used to filter can have multiple values because of multiple rows. Now how do i pass these different values to the record set and filter the LOV.

For ex if the value is for city fields i could have 2 different rows with one value for city being NY and second row being CA. NOw i have to dynamically pass these city values to a list of value and filter the LOV.
Re: Limit list of values [message #472159 is a reply to message #472150] Thu, 19 August 2010 02:26 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
The LOV will use the value of the item in the current record always, no special code required.
Previous Topic: Oracle Forms Designer has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Next Topic: web deployment of forms6i(oracle8i) with formsserver and Webdblistener
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:49:08 CDT 2024