Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » issue with post-query trigger (forms 10g)
issue with post-query trigger [message #478953] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:14 Go to next message
nastyjillu
Hi, i have an issue with post-query trigger.

i have a master block and a detail block.

i create a new record in master block, then i click an LOV button in detail block which inserts a record in the detail block.
there is one non database field in the detail block which i have to display value in depending on the value of one database item.

for example detail block is based on a table called temp_table

and its columns are id, age , emp, active.

and fields in the detail block are id, name, age, active.

of these id field is not displayed on the canvas.(note that name is non database item)

Name field is a column from some other table(EFG_tab)whose primary key is id. so when i give some value to the name field through the form i would be assigning the respective id value to the id field in when-validate-trigger.

when i query for a master record, or when i navigate to this form i want to display the name value of respective id in the Name field.

for this i wrote code in post-query trigger:

select name into :detail_blk.name
from EFG_tab
where id = :detail_blk.id;

but when i change the value of name and save , its working fine and saving record. but when i try to navigate out of the form its giving this message:

"do you want to save the changes you have made? "

how to avoid this ? i tried to suppress message but couldt solve.
why am i getting this message even after i saved the form ?

when i navigate to the detail block is the firing of post-query trigger assigning the value to the name field which in turn changing the form_status and asking me to save ??

i even tried to do this

if :system.form_status='CHANGED' then
commit_form;
end if;

in post-query trigger. it did not work either

thanks
jillu
Re: issue with post-query trigger [message #478979 is a reply to message #478953] Wed, 13 October 2010 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nastyjillu
hi.

i solved it. in post-query trigger i wrote the code to set record_status to 'query_status'.
Re: issue with post-query trigger [message #479200 is a reply to message #478979] Fri, 15 October 2010 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I find it's better to set the item_is_valid property of the items you've changed to true.
Re: issue with post-query trigger [message #479249 is a reply to message #479200] Fri, 15 October 2010 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nastyjillu
but i want to validate the item. if i enter a wrong value then it should not allow me to insert that value.
as the value of non database item is being changed in the post-query trigger, record_status will be CHANGED and form is asking me to save changes. as this is a non database item i dont have to save. so i am chaning the record_status to 'QUERY_STATUS', so that it doesnt ask me to save.
Re: issue with post-query trigger [message #479259 is a reply to message #479249] Fri, 15 October 2010 12:16 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
You don't want to be validating it in post-query.
Previous Topic: database block to list item
Next Topic: Forms 10g And Filter Data With SSO ID
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:18:05 CDT 2024