Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Hierarchical tree (merged) (Oralce Forms)
Hierarchical tree (merged) [message #481567] Thu, 04 November 2010 05:31 Go to next message
indxe

Hello,

I have built a Hierarchical tree and i populates it from recordgroup using Ftree.Add_Tree_Data function, at run time when i expand the tree nodes for the first time to see child node every thing is OK, but when i try to collapse the nnod and expand it again the children nodes are populated again,i mean that after second expansion the nodes are repeated.

how can i solve this problem?
  • Attachment: Tree.JPG
    (Size: 40.73KB, Downloaded 645 times)
Re: Hierarchical tree (merged) [message #481590 is a reply to message #481567] Thu, 04 November 2010 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What happens if you expand nodes once again (i.e. for the third time)? Are they triplicated? (I suppose they are)

If so, it seems that you are calling a function (that populates the tree) every time nodes are expanded. So - don't do that more than once.
Re: Hierarchical tree (merged) [message #481822 is a reply to message #481590] Sun, 07 November 2010 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indxe

I m calling a function that populate the tree from when-tree-node expanded trigger, is that true?
Re: Hierarchical tree (merged) [message #481903 is a reply to message #481822] Mon, 08 November 2010 03:50 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Only you could know if that's true - it's your form.
As to whether it's correct - seems obvious from the trigger name that you're going to get the effect you are complaining about.
Try populating the tree in when-new-form-instance.
Previous Topic: how to calling reports and forms from hierarchical tree menu?
Next Topic: Code Analyzer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:57:13 CDT 2024