Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Query_Only Mode (Forms 10g ver 10.1.2.3.0)
Query_Only Mode [message #484453] Tue, 30 November 2010 12:27 Go to next message
Kevin58
How can I programmatically tell if a form is opened in query only mode?

I've tried GET_BLOCK_PROPERTY(block_id, UPDATE_ALLOWED)

:SYSTEM.MODE

Cannot seem to find the right get method.

Any ideas?
Thanks,

Kevin
Re: Query_Only Mode [message #484457 is a reply to message #484453] Tue, 30 November 2010 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
A form is opened in a query mode if a form that calls it specifies so, using the QUERY_ONLY query mode parameter in CALL_FORM or NEW_FORM. So, that would be a "form property", not a block property. Though, as there's no "query mode" property for a form, I wouldn't know how to distinguish whether a form is opened in a query mode or not.

I did some quick Googling, but couldn't find anything "easy". If you wish, check this solution. I didn't read it carefully, but you might.

Why do you need that information, anyway?
Re: Query_Only Mode [message #484460 is a reply to message #484457] Tue, 30 November 2010 14:12 Go to previous message
Kevin58
Thanks for the reply Littlefoot!

The reason goes back to my earlier question about enable or disabling fields on a form based on whether or not the report date was filled in.

I call these forms either with no_query_only or query_only depending on that same date field being entered.

I have a jar file that I used to either update or read
several columns from a single data row.

The jar file handles the notepad like object on my form.
However I do not want to invoke those programs unless the user can actually update that record.

Kind of an odd duck so to speak.

So if I can tell how the form was called I could conditionally invoke the java code.
Thanks,

Kevin
Previous Topic: number of records retrived in the blcok
Next Topic: Reading Excel data and inserting into table using forms6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:59:14 CDT 2024