Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Populating a non database item via a LOV after query
Populating a non database item via a LOV after query [message #484515] Wed, 01 December 2010 04:02 Go to next message
ahazin
hi guys, I have the scenario where I have a table(table 1) which stores the car code and the meaning of that code. I then have another table (table 2)which just stores the code. My datablock is based on the table which just contains the code(table 2). On my form if the user wishes to populate this field in the record I have a Lov which goes to the table 1 and retrieves the code and the meaning of it. The code is then returned to the corresponding field in the datablock for table 2. this works fine in adding and editing. the user sees the meaning and whilst selecting from the lov populates the code field behind the scenes and everything works fine. However, my problem is when the user does a query only the code fild is populated from table 2 (the code field is hidden to the user) therfore the meaning field is left blank as if there is no data there when infact this is not the case.

Anyone have any ideas on how this issue could be resolved?

Any help is greatly appreciated and i hope i described the situation well enough for you to understand.

Thanks.
Re: Populating a non database item via a LOV after query [message #484521 is a reply to message #484515] Wed, 01 December 2010 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Add a post-query trigger. Write a select in it to get the code description and put it in the non-database item.
Re: Populating a non database item via a LOV after query [message #484558 is a reply to message #484521] Wed, 01 December 2010 10:14 Go to previous message
ahazin
Thanks Smile
Previous Topic: frm-40735:when-button-pressed ora:6503
Next Topic: each second record with different background_color
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:55:23 CDT 2024